- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 25 g all-purpose flour
- 60 ml water
- 100 g white sugar
- 110 g packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 175 degrees C. Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.