East Asian Green Sauce
Original recipe by Samin Nosrat
- 2-3 TBSP finely diced Shallots (1 small/medium shallot)
- 2 finely minced, Thai Chilis (adjust for spice preferences)
- 2 TBSP Lime Juice
- 2 TBSP finely minced Cilantro
- 2 TBSP finely diced Scallions
- 4 TBSP Peanut Oil (or other neutral oil)
- Salt to taste
Finely dice the shallots and chilis. In a small bowl, combine the diced shallots, minced chilis and lime juice to macerate. Macerating will reduce the harshness and bite from the shallots and the spiciness from the chilis. Let stand for 15 minutes.
While the shallots and chilis macerate, finely mince the cilantro and dice the scallions. In a separate small bowl, combine the peanut oil, herbs, and add salt to taste.
After the 15 minutes are up, strain the shallots and chilis from the lime juice and add to the herb and oil mixture. TASTE IT! Once tasted, add in the lime juice to adjust the acidity as needed.
Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.