Simple Beef Brisket
- 1818g beef brisket, trimmed w/ a thin layer of fat remaining
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 625 ml beef broth
- Pre-heat oven to 165C. Grab your roasting pan and rack.
- Mix salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika together in a small bowl. Rub this on all sides of the brisket.
- Place brisket (fat side up) on top of the roasting rack in the pan. Add enough beef broth to cover the bottom of the pan by half an inch.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil (I use two pieces to make sure it's tight) or a lid and place in oven for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 130C and cook an additional 3 hours (covered) or until fork tender. Check the liquid level at least once to make sure that it has not burned off if your oven runs hot. Add more broth if needed.
- Cool ~ 15 minutes covered and slice thinly (trim any fat off the top if desired)
- You could cook it in the liquid if you are going to shred the brisket.
- You shouldn't roast vegetables at the same time---the temp is too low.
- Let the beef brisket sit in the spice mix for up to a day before cooking so the salt can macerate the meat.