Self Saucing Butterscotch Pudding
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar , packed
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain flour (all purpose flour)
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 100g unsalted butter , melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 3/4 cup (150g) dark brown sugar , packed
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan).
- Grease a 6 cup baking dish (1.6L) with butter.
- Whisk 3/4 cup sugar and cornflour in bowl. Set aside.
- Place 1/4 cup sugar, flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add butter, egg, milk and golden syrup. Whisk until mostly lump free.
- Scrape into baking dish and smooth surface.
- Sprinkle Butterscotch Sauce sugar mixture all over surface.
- Pour boiling water over the surface over the back of a dessert spoon held as close to the batter as you can (to soften the pour so it doesn't break the surface of the batter).
- Transfer to oven, bake 40 minutes or until skewer inserted into the cake part comes out clean.
- Cut through pudding to reveal butterscotch sauce underneath.
- To serve, scoop pudding into a bowl then douse with butterscotch sauce. Top with ice cream!