Chicken and Rice Chowder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1½ cups good quality chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups frozen corn (or ~2 cans)
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Some bacon is good too
- In a large sauce pan, over medium heat, melt the butter and add the chopped onions and celery. Cook until soft.
- Add the stock, cream and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Add the rice, stir, lower the heat and simmer 15 - 20 minutes until the rice is cooked and the soup is thickened. Season well with salt and pepper before serving.