Chilli Con Carne
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 250ml (1 cup) beef stock
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 800g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 800g can crushed tomatoes
- steamed rice, sour cream, freshly chopped coriander leaves and grated tasty cheese to serve
- Heat oil in a frying pan and saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add mince, cumin and smoked paprika and cook mince, stirring and breaking up, until browned.
- Transfer to slow-cooker.
- Stir in oregano, chilli flakes, beef stock, tomato paste, kidney beans and tinned tomatoes.
- Cook, covered, on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with rice, sour cream, freshly chopped coriander leaves and grated tasty cheese.