- 1 Tbsp instant coffee granules
- 3/2 cup
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 23-25cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Dissolve the coffee granules in water, then place all ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and when completely cold, ice with chocolate icing. Optionally cut cake in half and fill with chocolate mouss
Note: This is a very runny mixture - don't be alarmed the first time you make it.