Easy Chorizo Pasta
30 minutes. Serves 4-ish
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 chorizo sausage cut into small pieces
- 1/2 small onion chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1/2 cup cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano, etc) to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese optional
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta. Cook it until al dente according to package directions.
- Prep your chorizo and onion.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and chorizo and fry it until it starts to get crispy (around 7 minutes).
- Add the onion and cook it until it's softened (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, and cream. Let the sauce cook for another 5 minutes or so, or until the sauce is reduced to your liking. Taste and season with salt & pepper as needed.
- Toss with the pasta and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese if desired.