Creamy Chicken Curry
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 250g boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup hot water (optional)
- In a wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, cook for 6-8 minutes or until transparent. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Stir in cumin, turmeric, 1 teaspoon curry powder, red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon salt- cook for 1 minute. Add tomato paste. Mix to combine.
- In ziploc bag, toss chicken pieces in remaining curry powder, season with salt and pepper. Add to wok, and cook for about 5-6 minutes until outside is golden brown. Or use a Greek Yogurt Curry Chicken Marinade.
- Pour coconut milk into the wok-if coconut milk has separated from the fat, pour the liquid in and add a tablespoon or so of fat until you have the creamy consistency that you desire. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add hot water if there is not enough liquid, because it has cooked down.
- Serve hot with white rice if desired or a quick naan