Crunchy Asian Slaw
Original Recipe. Serves 4
- ¼ purple or green cabbage
- 1 green apple
- 1 carrot
- ⅓ cup roasted peanuts or cashew nuts roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup mint and coriander chopped
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil 2
- 2½ tablespoons soy sauce or fish sauce
- ¼ cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely shred cabbage until you have about 3-4 cups’ worth. Thinly slice apple and then cut into thin matchsticks. Peel carrot, then shred or coarsely grate, or cut into thin matchsticks.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and toss with the shredded cabbage, apple, carrot, nuts, toasted sesame seeds and chilli (if using), just before serving.