French Green Sauce
Original recipe by Samin Nosrat
- 2-3 TBSP finely diced shallots (1 small/medium shallot)
- 2 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP finely minced parsley
- 1 TBSP finely minced basil
- 1 TBSP finely minced tarragon
- 1 TBSP finely minced chives
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- Salt to taste
Finely dice the shallots. In a small bowl, combine the diced shallots and white wine vinegar to macerate. Macerating will reduce the harshness and bite from the shallots. Let stand for 15 minutes.
While the shallots macerate, finely mince the parsley, basil, tarragon and chives.. In a separate small bowl, combine the olive oil, herbs, and add salt to taste.
After the 15 minutes are up, strain the shallots from the white wine vinegar and add to the herb and oil mixture. TASTE IT! Once tasted, add in the white wine vinegar to adjust the acidity as needed.
Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.