Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour (or 1 cup regular + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder)
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup packed Soft Brown Sugar
- 80g Butter, melted, cooled
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vanilla ice cream or cream, to serve
- ¾ cup packed Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 ¼ cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C bake (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 6-cup capacity ovenproof baking dish.
- Sift Self Raising Flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in the Soft Brown Sugar.
- Whisk Butter, Milk and egg in a jug. Slowly add to flour mixture, stirring until well combined and smooth. Spoon into baking dish and smooth the top.
- Combine the Soft Brown Sugar and cocoa and sprinkle over the pudding. Slowly pour the boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover pudding. Place dish onto a baking tray and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pudding bounces back when pressed gently in the centre.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or cream.
- Mix batter until well combined for a more cakey pudding
- Add a teaspoon of coffee for a more chocolately flavour (not a joke)